Friday, February 22, 2013

Was it a good weekend??

I had been checking the weather for weeks in preparation for our trip to the mountains. Three weeks ago it said it was going to be sunny and cold while we were there. That was disappointing because one of the main reasons I wanted to go there in the winter was because there was the possibility of snow. Two weeks ago it said it was going to be cloudy and cold. Good combination but still no mention of snow. One week ago it said there was a possibility of flurries. The excitement was building until I get there expecting to see my snow and what do I hear... THAT IT IS SNOWING AT MY HOUSE IN FAYETTEVILLE! But instead of freaking out and driving all the way back home to get my snow I showed some patience and eventually I was rewarded.
 
 
This was the view from the hot tub on the back porch 
                         
 
 
But before I could enjoy that relaxing scene I decided to throw caution to the wind and break the law. Well... I ignored a posted trespassing sign and snuck through a fence to get a couple pictures.
 
This was the fence..
 
 
And taking a picture of this old house in the snow was my motivation.
 
Ok I'll tell the truth... taking a picture of an old outhouse in the woods was my true motivation. Totally worth it!!!
 
 

      Well unfortunately the snow didn't last long but that was ok because Sunday brought some funny dog pictures and DANGEROUS WILD ANIMALS!!  Doesn't get much better than that.

 
Van got a little tired when running around the lake so he decided to take a break..
 
 
and then Bea decided to start doing yoga..
 
 
 
After all that craziness I decided to relax on the porch the rest of the day until I was attacked by wild animals.
 
First this bird started eyeballing me..

 
Then he made his move!!! I could have been killed..

 
Then this squirrel started acting up..
 
 
Luckily I survived when animals attack. I'm pretty sure the reason I was able to survive was the amazing views of the mountains, the hot tub on the porch, the snow I waited so long to see, six beagles, eating everything in the world, relaxing time with Sarah, and laughing with two great new friends. All in all I consider that a great weekend in the mountains.
 
 











3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast. I was looking at Barkwell's yesterday... I want to go there with Bill and the dogs before we move. I love Asheville anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finally got to see some snow! Looks like you guys had a great time. :). And loving the 'wildlife' pics, by the way! LOL!

    ReplyDelete