Sunday, February 24, 2013

Strangely New Curtains

So I was driving home from Wilson, NC a couple weeks ago and I passed an old motel on a back road that had no business having a motel on it.  I almost locked up my tires slamming on my breaks because who wouldn't want to take pictures of an abandoned old motel?  Exactly.


I immediately felt an eerie feeling when I pulled into the parking lot that had been overtaken by grass and weeds. There were no other cars driving by on the road and as I got out of my truck the wind began to blow harder through the woods behind the motel. As if I wasn't supposed to be there..


I took a couple steps towards one of the room doors and then stopped and looked around again. Over to the left there was an old house that was probably where the people that owned this place used to live but now it too was taken over by time and nature. I had to tell myself out loud to keep walking because my feet didn't seem to want to move. As I approached one of the rooms I could see that it wasn't empty..
 
 
There was piles of old stuff laying all over the place. I know one thing, seeing teddy bears and other kids toys in this room didn't help get rid of the eerie feeling.
 
I kept walking to the next room..
 
The door was open so I stepped inside.
There was something incredibly creepy about that bathroom door being open.
 I didn't go any farther in.
 
I moved on to the next room which had a blue cooler in it. Although I was curious there was no way I was going to open that cooler.
 
 
When I got to the next room there were curtains in the window. None of the other rooms had curtains like this. These curtains were red. These curtains didn't look very old. These curtains didn't look like they belonged in an old abandoned motel in the middle of nowhere...
 
 
So I walked to the door... and that's when it happened.
 I didn't get a picture of it because it scared the shit out of me..
 
As I approached the door I reached out to push it open. The second I began to push the door there was a very loud rustling noise followed by what sounded like several things hitting the walls of the room.  What did I do you ask? I turned around and ran for my damn life!! I wasn't thinking about taking a picture, I wasn't thinking about seeing what was making this loud and scary noise. I was thinking about the fact that I was about to be murdered by whatever was in that room. About half way back to my truck I realized what the sound I heard was. Apparently that was the sound of birds being startled, flying around the room frantically, and then out the back door. I stopped running and turned around towards the room.  My heart was beating out of my chest as I stood there. I briefly contemplated getting in my truck and driving away really fast and never mentioning this to anyone. But I needed to go back and look in that room for some reason. So I walked slowly back to the room and pushed the door open and went in.
 
 
 
So if you ever happen to find an old abandoned motel in the middle of nowhere and this old motel has a room that has strangely new red curtains.... be very careful when you enter this room because you'll get the scare of a lifetime........
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






















4 comments:

  1. Creepy as hell! I wouldn't open that cooler, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One: there was a head in the cooler
    Two: Damn birds
    Three: what's with all of this trespassing lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this place! I would have had to look in the cooler myself! It is a bit creepy tho!

    ReplyDelete