Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Four Days Off

I have been exiled to the night shift at work which basically means I am a zombie for four days every week. Some people can lead normal lives when they work all night but unfortunately I am not one of those people. I can only manage to do three things while working my thirteen hour shifts every night.
  1. Work
  2. Eat
  3. Sleep


Now those of you that know me are well aware of the fact that I am a very.. umm... SOCIAL person. There are very few times that I am not completely immersed in Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. While working all night I miss the sunlight and interacting with people. So the fact that I am shut off from society, so to speak, is kind of rough on me. To remedy that, I have come up with an idea that I am pretty excited about. I have decided to put a little structure behind my picture taking and incorporate my photographs into a blog. I recently bought a new Camera (Canon EOS Rebel T3) and have been taking pictures of EVERYTHING that passes in front of me. One of my favorite things to do is just get in my truck with my camera and get lost on purpose just to see what I can find to take pictures of.  I will post a new entry in this blog once week. It will tell the story of where I went, what I saw, and how many times I get yelled at or chased away for trespassing on private property to get a picture. For example....

.....this is the very angry dog that chased me for going through a gate to a cement company. Apparently he didn't appreciate me being there. Once I was a safe distance away I stopped to take his picture.  It was worth the risk though because I REALLY wanted to get a picture of this tree. I mean....look at it! EXACTLY!




I don't really have any idea what I will be taking pictures of every week. I will just let my mind wander until I see something I think is interesting. It might be an awesome sunset, a cool tree, an abandoned old building, and it might even be a guy in a pick up truck that REALLY liked the Johnny Depp version of Alice in Wonderland..



I have been told I have a different way of looking at things. I'm not sure if that's because I am left handed or possibly dropped on my head as a child. Regardless, I am always looking for a creative way of expressing my passion for nonsense. Welcome to my world...well.. four days a week of it.
 


                               

9 comments:

  1. Very cool! Is there a way to 'follow' this? :). I don't know much about blogs. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I'm pretty new to this blogging thing so i have no idea if your Van follow it lol Don't worry though, I'll link all of them to Facebook :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check your setup-- design template. You should be able to add a widget that would allow people to subscribe to your blog. Otherwise, your friends can add your blog to their reading list by adding the URL to their reading list on their own profiles.

      Delete
    2. Ok I think I got it. I put a widget called "follow my journey" that allows you to subscribe. I think. haha

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging! (Jenny)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure don't envy you having to work all night.

    ReplyDelete